Bookends FarmForce free training for all
Lessons, Clicker Training and
Problem Solving for Horses in
the Northeast Kingdom of VT
About the trainer
Jane Jackson is certified by the Karen Pryor Academy for Animal Training & Behavior as a KPA CTP. She is also a certified Level 2 TAG teacher. These certifications have involved extensive education, practice and testing toward understanding how both animals and people learn best so that she can be an effective trainer to both.
Jane was born into a family with horses and so had her own pony from the start. Many of her happiest memories are times spent with ponies and horses: grooming them, caring for them and just spending time in the barn with them. She wants to share that enjoyment with others, by helping people learn how to happily and safely be around horses. Jane competed in horse shows, competitive trail rides and eventing.
Fortunate to take lessons from prominent coaches with different styles of training methods, Jane was drawn to eventing. She believes it all comes back to the relationship with the horse, regardless of the style of riding.
She believes the basics skills of horsemanship, equitation and communication are the same for all of us. She has taught people of all ages as well as those who ride western and those who aren’t interested in competing.
Combined with many years of working with students, horses and dogs, Jane offers a unique opportunity for clients to make long lasting changes in their handling, riding and training. She aims to help the client be more able and comfortable in their own problem solving while pursuing their goals, whether those goals are for a simple home-based handling or more adventurous pursuits of competition.
Bookends Farm Blog
- Layers of Safety When Working with Dogs and Horses
- Don’t Knock Recipe Training
- What If I Can’t Go to an Animal Behavior Conference?
- Novelty in Training and Enrichment- the Equine Segment
- Naughty Horse Part 3: The Inconclusive Conclusion
- The Naughty Horse Part 2 in Which Reinforcers and Punishers Are Analyzed
- Real Life Reinforcers, Punishers and a Story of a “Naughty” Horse
- Hay Net, Bag, Feeder Review
- 12 Days of Christmas
- Jackpots and High Value Reinforcers: Riding the Swing of the Pendulum