Bookends FarmForce free training for all
Lessons, Clicker Training and
Problem Solving for Horses in
the Northeast Kingdom of VT
Pricing and Policies
- Hourly rate for private teaching or training- $50
- Hourly rate for travel- $35
- Pony/horse fee- $10 (if using a Bookends Farm horse for lessons)
PRIVATE LESSON DISCOUNTS
Monthly on-site lesson package – $180 for four lessons in any one calendar month paid in advance (this includes pony/horse fee. No refund for cancelled lessons).
Refer a friend- if you refer a friend who signs up for a monthly package, your next lesson is free!
Foul weather policy – If the weather looks iffy or just plain horrid, come anyway! There is a LOT that can be learned during time spent in the barn (or house)- grooming and handling skills, veterinary and behavior knowledge, observational skills, etc. No refunds will be given for lessons cancelled due to weather.
Training Partners – parent/child, spouses, friends, neighbors, grandparents…if you would like to work as a pair for training, I will come up with something that works for you and price it accordingly.
Leg Up Program– $180 (this provides access to 12 sessions plus two warmup hours. Additional warmup hours can be purchased for $15 each or $100 for all 10. No refunds.) See Programs page for details.
Leg Up Discounts!
Welcome Back- coming back for another series? You pay only $150
Bring a friend- if you refer a friend who signs up for the Leg Up program, you get a $30 credit. If your friend begins at the same time you do, he or she gets a $30 credit as well!
Horses for Homeschoolers – Introductory course (meets weekly for one month) $50 per child- no refunds
Bookends Farm Blog
- Ready for Training: The Eager Learner
- Lessons Learned
- Clicking through Residual Trauma
- Starting to Rebuild: Physically and Emotionally
- Percy at the Hospital
- Helping Others to be Brave: Component Parts
- Saying “Don’t!” With Positive Reinforcement
- Pony, Cat, Child: a Snapshot of Behavior
- Training Intensive- Shaping
- Using Trained Behaviors to Override Emotions