Bookends FarmForce free training for all
Lessons, Clicker Training and
Problem Solving for Horses in
the Northeast Kingdom of VT
Pricing and Policies
- Hourly rate for private teaching or training- $40
- Hourly rate for travel- $30
- Pony/horse fee- $10 (if using a Bookends Farm horse for lessons)
PRIVATE LESSON DISCOUNTS
Monthly on-site lesson package – $180 for four lessons in any one calendar month paid in advance (this includes pony/horse fee. No refund for cancelled lessons).
Refer a friend- if you refer a friend who signs up for a monthly package, your next lesson is free!
Training Partners – parent/child, spouses, friends, neighbors, grandparents…if you would like to work as a pair for riding lessons or training, I will come up with something that works for you and price it accordingly.
Foul weather policy – If the weather looks iffy or just plain horrid, come anyway! There is a LOT that can be learned during time spent in the barn (or house)- grooming and handling skills, veterinary and behavior knowledge, observational skills, etc. No refunds will be given for lessons cancelled due to weather.
Winter ’13-’14 Programs – All monthly winter programs (Horse Management for Adults, Learning About Ponies and Clicker Training Discussion Group) will be $75 if paid in advance for the entire session (6 sessions from December through May). Each class paid for individually is $15.
Leg Up Program– $180 (this provides access to 12 sessions plus two warmup hours. Additional warmup hours can be purchased for $15 each or $100 for all 10. No refunds.) See Programs page for details.
Leg Up Discounts!
Welcome Back- coming back for another series? You pay only $150
Bring a friend- if you refer a friend who signs up for the Leg Up program, you get a $30 credit. If your friend begins at the same time you do, he or she gets a $30 credit as well!
Horses for Homeschoolers – Introductory course (meets weekly for one month) $50 per child- no refunds
More in depth course (meets weekly through the winter) $15 per week or $10 per week if paid in advance.
Bookends Farm Blog
- Novelty in Training and Enrichment- the Equine Segment
- Naughty Horse Part 3: The Inconclusive Conclusion
- The Naughty Horse Part 2 in Which Reinforcers and Punishers Are Analyzed
- Real Life Reinforcers, Punishers and a Story of a “Naughty” Horse
- Hay Net, Bag, Feeder Review
- 12 Days of Christmas
- Bitless? My Thoughts on the Wide Range of What Is Acceptable to Different Trainers
- Jackpots and High Value Reinforcers: Riding the Swing of the Pendulum
- Clicker Expo Cincinnati 2016 (part 2)